About us here at Magnolia Plastic Surgery
James Long MD FACS is a Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with specialty skills in Hand Surgery who founded Magnolia Plastic Surgery with offices at Magnolia Regional Health Center in Corinth, Mississippi. He is currently, and has been for the last 13 years, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Long is a specialist in cosmetic plastic surgery of the face, neck, breast and body. His residency and fellowship training followed by years of teaching Plastic Surgery at one of the American South’s finest University Hospitals have given him a uniquely broad set of skills to address many patient problems. Dr. Long, as always, remains focused on giving his patients their best look working hard to help them achieve their personal, social and professional goals by providing natural looking results.
Just prior to forming Magnolia Plastic Surgery, Dr. Long served as Section Chief of Plastic, Reconstructive, Hand and Microsurgery at the Birmingham Veterans Administration Medical Center, though he began his academic career at the University of Alabama Birmingham hospital system in 2003. In addition to his position as section chief at the VA, Dr. Long, at the same time, served as an Associate Professor in the Division of Plastic Surgery at UAB where he both taught and performed surgical procedures that were focused on the areas of cosmetic, hand, reconstructive and microsurgery. Dr. Long received his Bachelor of Science in Biology and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Ole Miss. He received his Medical Doctorate with Honors from the University of Texas. He completed his residency in General/Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Texas, after which he completed a fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery at the University of Alabama Birmingham under then Chairman and world recognized Cosmetic Surgeon Dr. Luis O. Vasconez, after which he received an invitation from Dr. Vasconez to join the UAB staff.
Dr. Long currently serves as Chief Editor for the e Medicine section on Breast and Eyelid Surgery and is on the Editorial Board of The Annals of Plastic Surgery, beyond which he has published extensively on subjects related to his specialty. For more information on Plastic Surgery via eMedicine click here.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology with Honors, The University of Mississippi
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Honors, The University of Mississippi
- Medical Doctorate with Honors, University of Texas
- General/Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency, University of Texas
- Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship, University of Alabama-Birmingham
- Mentored under world-renowned Plastic Surgeon Dr. Luis O. Vasconez, University of Alabama-Birmingham Health
- Past Section Chief of Plastic, Reconstructive, Hand and Microsurgery, Birmingham Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Past Associate Professor in the Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Alabama-Birmingham Health Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Current Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) – To learn more click here.
- Current Fellow American College of Surgeons (FACS)
James Long MD FACS offers plastic surgery to patients in the communities of north Mississippi including Corinth, Tupelo, Columbus, Starkville, Southaven, and West Central Tennessee including Jackson, Collierville, Nashville and Northwest Alabama including Florence, Decatur and Huntsville. James Long MD FACS offers the full spectrum of cosmetic plastic surgery and related services such as Face Lift, Neck Lift, Eyelid Lift surgery, Rhinoplasty, Endoscopic Brow Lift, Breast augmentation, Breast Lift, Breast reduction, Abdominoplasty, Brazilian Butt Lift, Liposuction, Chemical Peels, Botox, Facial Fillers such as Restylane, Skin Restoration and Cosmeceuticals. As a patient, you should always seek out a professional with the experience and skill to achieve your personal goals. Always look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your procedure. Always look for the ASPS logo, The Symbol of Excellence.