For many people drooping of the eyebrows can contribute to the overall appearance of facial aging. The main areas of concern, associated with the aging of the forehead and brow are:
- Lines across the forehead
- Vertical lines between the inner portion of the eyebrows
- Sagging of the skin on the upper portion of the nose
Heaviness of the eyebrow, which contributes to the heaviness of the upper eyelids and especially sagging of the outer corner of the upper eyelid. Just as with Face-lifting, there are several techniques for correcting eyebrow position. One of the most common procedures performed for people who are unhappy with wrinkled, sagging skin on the forehead is a Brow Lift. The specific technique used depends on the problem that needs to be corrected. An Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift with Dr. Long can lift and smooth your forehead and brows, restoring eyebrow shape and eliminating excess wrinkled skin – removing years from your appearance.
Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift FAQ:
Am I a candidate for Endoscopic Brow / Forehead Lift?
You are a candidate for Forehead Lift if you have:
- Low eyebrow position on your face
- Sagging forehead skin
- Deep horizontal lines
- Furrows between your eyebrows and across your nose
What are my options for Brow Lift / Forehead Lift?, Are there different types of Brow / Forehead Lift?
There are multiple types of Brow Lift / Forehead Lift. The most common ones are:
- Traditional Brow / Forehead Lift (Coronal brow Lift): It involves an incision that extends across the top of the head within the hair-bearing scalp. Dr. Long reserves this technique for select patients as he can usually achieve similar results in a less invasive manner with the endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift technique.
- Endoscopic Brow / Forehead Lift: It is a procedure designed to reposition and contour the eyebrows and forehead through very small incisions for the appropriate patient. By using only 5 small incisions that are each approximately ½ inch long hidden at the level of the anterior hairline, and with the aid of an endoscopic camera, Dr. Long repositions and reshapes the eyebrows and forehead avoiding the large scalp incision of the traditional (Bicoronal) Brow Lift / forehead Lift.
- Biplanar Endoscopic Brow / Forehead Lift: Is a variation of the endoscopic Brow /Forehead Lift indicated for patients with severely descended brows, deep forehead lines and/or large forehead. Different from the original technique, it involves an incision along the anterior hairline that allows removing the excess of skin of the forehead, thus allowing correction of severely descended brows, deep forehead lines and decreasing the perceived vertical height of the forehead. The technique involves the use of the endoscopic camera to reposition the eyebrows. Since the incision of the Biplanar Endoscopic Brow / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery is located at the level of the anterior hairline, once it heals and the hair starts grown through the scar, the scar becomes inconspicuous.
What other rejuvenating treatments can enhance an Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift?
Frequently, our patients choose to have Eyelid Lift surgery at the same time as the Brow Lift. This combination restores a youthful, harmonious appearance to your forehead and eyes in just one operation.
What are the benefits of combining an Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift with an upper Eyelid Lift surgery?
- Smooth away forehead lines and wrinkles
- Lift heavy, wrinkled eyelids
- Refresh facial expression
- Establish alert, well-rested eyes
- Banish forehead frown lines
- Lift sagging brows
- Improve self-confidence and self-esteem
- Faster recovery (one downtime instead of several)
How is an Endoscopic Brow / Forehead Lift performed?
Dr. Long will perform your Endoscopic Brow / Forehead Lift with an examination in advance of surgery. The position of the eyebrows and the characteristics of the forehead will be evaluated with attention to the severity of wrinkles, elasticity, size, etc. Importantly, Dr. Long will evaluate your total facial structure and shape to ensure the goals of rejuvenation are being met.
Generally, Dr. Long performs Endoscopic Brow / Forehead Lift with discreet, well-hidden incisions at the level of the anterior hairline. The incisions are designed to allow you to show off your beautiful results without being worried about hiding a scar. Through this incision and with the aid of an endoscopic camera, he restores / repositions the eyebrows to a more youthful position and contour. If shortening of the forehead or correction of very deep forehead lines is necessary, he may remove excess of skin from the forehead through the aforementioned anterior hairline incision. After shaping, the incisions are closed and a light dressing is placed across the forehead to minimize post surgical swelling.
Where is Endoscopic Brow / Forehead Lift performed?
Dr. Long always performs your Brow Lift / Forehead Lift as an outpatient surgical procedure. Although some of our patients prefer to have general anesthesia, many patients are comfortable under local anesthesia. You will recover quickly after surgery and normally go home the same day. You will need to have a friend or family member drive you to and from the surgery center and assist you for the first 24-48 hours.
What is recovery like after a Brow / Forehead Lift?
You will experience some bruising and swelling for the first 7 to 10 days after surgery. Cold compresses on the forehead and eyelids, as well as and elevation of your head on two or three pillows will help minimize swelling. You may feel numbness and itching as party of the healing process, but this will soon resolve. Sutures are usually removed within 7 to 10 days. Normally, we remove your bandages in 1-7 days. Most patients recover fully within 2 weeks.
When can I return to work after a Brow / Forehead Lift?
While healing time varies, most people are comfortable returning to work within 7 to 14 days. We advise patients to avoid sun exposure and strenuous activities for several weeks. We will closely follow your progress to ensure that you are ready to resume normal activities.
How will I look after a Brow / Forehead Lift?
After a Brow Lift with Dr. Long, you will have much smoother forehead skin and a refreshed, rejuvenated appearance. Your eyebrow shape and position will be restored, brightening your eyes and energizing your whole face. If you combine upper Eyelid Lift surgery with this procedure, your excess eyelid skin will be sculpted away revealing more youthful eyes. Puffy eyelids and wrinkled, sagging skin will be eased, giving you a younger, brighter appearance.
How long will results of a Brow / Forehead Lift last?
The youthful results of a Lift should last for many years. After time, some patients may repeat these procedures, and add other rejuvenating treatments to restore their youthful appearance.
Why choose Dr. Long for a Brow / Forehead Lift?
Dr. Long is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face, neck, breast and body. His residency and fellowship training followed by teaching at prestigious institutions have given him a unique set of skills to perform cosmetic surgery. Dr. Long helps his customers look their best and achieve their personal, social, and professional goals by providing natural looking results.
Why go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your Brow / Forehead Lift?
Practitioners who are not residency trained and Board Certified to perform Brow / Forehead Lift surgery have been found to have a higher rate of surgical complications. Among the most common patient complaints are minimal to no improvement, asymmetries, wound healing problems or worse. Always look for a surgeon who is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Look for the ASPS logo, The Symbol of Excellence.